Friday, April 11, 2014

ERROR 42Y07: java.sql.SQLException: Schema 'abc' does not exist

A. This exception throws when the schema does not exist in the database. A schema is a structure to group a set of tables, views and other data and operations.

To fix it, create the schema by executing this SQL statement:
Create SCHEMA <schema name>;

In Oracle, the above SQL does not actually create a schema. A schema is created when a user is created.
Create USER <username> IDENTIFIED BY <password>;

To create table and view within the schema in Oracle:
Create SCHEMA AUTHORIZATION <username>
      <create table statement>
      <create view statement>
      <grant statement>;

B. This type of exception may also throw when you are referring a table that is not in your default/current schema. In this case, you need to add the schema to the entity you are referring such as <schema name>.<table name>.<column name>

References:
1. CREATE SCHEMA statement
2. ERROR 42Y07: Schema 'SchemaName' does not exist.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                        
If you have ever asked yourself these questions, this is the book for you. What is the meaning of life? Why do people suffer? What is in control of my life? Why is life the way it is? How can I stop suffering and be happy? How can I have a successful life? How can I have a life I like to have? How can I be the person I like to be? How can I be wiser and smarter? How can I have good and harmonious relations with others? Why do people meditate to achieve enlightenment? What is the true meaning of spiritual practice? Why all beings are one? Read the book free here.

No comments:

Post a Comment