Friday, November 6, 2015

java.net.UnknownHostException

If you are able to ping the IP address, but not able to ping the domain name, for example,

> ping 216.58.219.228
PING 216.58.219.228 (216.58.219.228) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 216.58.219.228: icmp_seq=1 ttl=53 time=33.0 ms
64 bytes from 216.58.219.228: icmp_seq=2 ttl=53 time=32.9 ms

> ping www.google.com
ping: unknown host www.google.com

you need to update your domain name server (DNS) to add the entry for www.google.com, then update the /etc/resolv.conf file by adding the following line.

nameserver       <DNS IP address>

Or you can directly add the following line to your /etc/resolv.conf file.

www.google.com     216.58.219.228


If you cannot reach the host by pinging either the domain name or the IP address, you need to establish the connection between the host and your machine first.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                        
If you have ever asked yourself these questions, this is the book for you. What is the meaning of life? Why do people suffer? What is in control of my life? Why is life the way it is? How can I stop suffering and be happy? How can I have a successful life? How can I have a life I like to have? How can I be the person I like to be? How can I be wiser and smarter? How can I have good and harmonious relations with others? Why do people meditate to achieve enlightenment? What is the true meaning of spiritual practice? Why all beings are one?Read the book free here.

No comments:

Post a Comment