Tuesday, April 29, 2014

How to copy file from one system to another on linux/unix systems

A. Through scp

1. Copy from remote to local
      scp <username>@<remote hostname or ip address>:<path to file>/<file name> <local directory>

2. Copy from local to remote
      scp <path to file>/<file name> <username>@<remote hostname or ip address>:<remote directory>

3. Copy from one remote to another remote system
     scp <username on remote 1>@<remote hostname or ip address of remote 1>:<path to file>/<file name> <username on remote 2>@<remote hostname or ip address of remote 2>:<directory>

B. Through sftp

  1. At the command line type sftp <remote hostname or ip address>
  2. Enter your password for the remote site
  3. cd to the desired directory
  4. type get <filename> to fetch a file from remote to local; type put <filename> to transfer a file from local to remote.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                        
If you have ever asked yourself these questions, this is the book for you. What is the meaning of life? Why do people suffer? What is in control of my life? Why is life the way it is? How can I stop suffering and be happy? How can I have a successful life? How can I have a life I like to have? How can I be the person I like to be? How can I be wiser and smarter? How can I have good and harmonious relations with others? Why do people meditate to achieve enlightenment? What is the true meaning of spiritual practice? Why all beings are one? Read the book free here.

No comments:

Post a Comment