Friday, July 21, 2017

Crystal Reports: Use JDBC to connect to Oracle data source

1. Download the ojdbc7.jar from Oracle website and place it in the C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\java\lib directory, or the directory accordingly in your system.

2. Open the CRConfig.xml located in the C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\java directory.

3. Add the ojdbc7.jar to the Classpath.

4. Modify the JDBC section.
        <JDBCURL>jdbc:oracle:thin:@hostIP:1521:databaseName</JDBCURL>
<JDBCClassName>oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver</JDBCClassName>
<JDBCUserName>userID</JDBCUserName>

5. Save the changes and restart your Crystal Report designer.

6. Open your report. Click at the Database in the top menu, select Database Expert. Under Create New Connection, select JDBC(JNDI) to connect to your database.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                        
If you have ever asked yourself these questions, this is the book for you. What is the meaning of life? Why do people suffer? What is in control of my life? Why is life the way it is? How can I stop suffering and be happy? How can I have a successful life? How can I have a life I like to have? How can I be the person I like to be? How can I be wiser and smarter? How can I have good and harmonious relations with others? Why do people meditate to achieve enlightenment? What is the true meaning of spiritual practice? Why all beings are one? Read the book free here.

No comments:

Post a Comment