Friday, April 20, 2018

Defference between the asperand @ and the exclamation point ! in sqlplus

The @ symbol runs a script in the current directory (or one specified with a full or relative path, or one that is found in your SQLPATH or ORACLE_PATH).

For example, you have an employeeList.sql file containing the following line.

select firstName, lastName from employee;

SQL> @employeeList
FIRSTNAME        LASTNAME
George                   Thomson
Richard                  Barton

The exclamation point tells sqlplus that we want to open a shell session and execute a command.

For example, you have the PrintWelcome.jar in your folder.

SQL> !java -jar PrintWelcome.jar
Welcome!!!

SQL> !pwd
/home/user/jarabon

file: printName.sh
#!/bin/bash
echo "My first name is George"
echo "My last name is OueLong"

SQL> !printName.sh
My first name is George
My last name is OueLong

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                        
If you have ever asked yourself these questions, this is the book for you. What is the meaning of life? Why do people suffer? What is in control of my life? Why is life the way it is? How can I stop suffering and be happy? How can I have a successful life? How can I have a life I like to have? How can I be the person I like to be? How can I be wiser and smarter? How can I have good and harmonious relations with others? Why do people meditate to achieve enlightenment? What is the true meaning of spiritual practice? Why all beings are one? Read the book free here.

No comments:

Post a Comment