Monday, January 6, 2014

Run .jar file of a SWing GUI application on a different computer through PuTTY


  1. Check if Xming Server is running on your computer by either looking at the task bar or by checking Xming.exe on the Processes tab of the Windows Task Manager. To open the Windows Task Manager, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
  2. Open PuTTY, choose Connection, SSH, then X11.
  3. Check Enable X11 Forwarding. In the X display location, enter localhost:0. For Remote X11 authentication protocol, select MIT-Magic_Cookie-1.
  4. Click on Session, enter the IP address of the remote computer in the Host Name box. If you would like to save your session setting, enter a session name in the Saved Sessions box and click the Save button. 
  5. Click the Open button to start the connection. After logged onto the remote computer, you can check the display setting by typing "echo $DISPLAY". 
  6. Type "jar -jar <file>.jar" to start your application.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                        
If you have ever asked yourself these questions, this is the book for you. What is the meaning of life? Why do people suffer? What is in control of my life? Why is life the way it is? How can I stop suffering and be happy? How can I have a successful life? How can I have a life I like to have? How can I be the person I like to be? How can I be wiser and smarter? How can I have good and harmonious relations with others? Why do people meditate to achieve enlightenment? What is the true meaning of spiritual practice? Why all beings are one? Read the book free here.

No comments:

Post a Comment